Travel to Turks & Caicos
Visit Travel Planners +
Travel Planers & AgentsTake the hassle out of planning your next trip and let someone with years of experience and expertise help you. Find out about the top travel agents, destination management companies and complete concierge services that can offer planning suggestions and personalised programs. Let them provide you with detailed information on corporate and client events, incentive groups, excursions, activities, hotels, weddings and more.
Visit Airlines +
Airlines & Flight SheduleThe Turks and Caicos Islands currently have 2 full service international airports, Providenciales and Grand Turk, and limited entry facilities in North and South Caicos. Here you will find: International Airline Service to TCI, Domestic Turks and Caicos Airlines and Air Charters, Turks & Caicos Airport and Ground Services. Online Flight Schedule
Visit Accomodation +
Accommodation & LodgingWhere to stay in the Turks and Caicos Islands? Sorted by accommodation type or Turks and Caicos accommodation, by island location. Find places to stay in the Turks and Caicos Islands ranging from small family run hotels and cozy bed & breakfasts to luxurious waterfront villas and all inclusive resorts.
Turks and Caicos Islands Quick Facts
- Turks and Caicos Weather : 350 days / year of sunshine; Tropical; marine; moderated by trade winds; sunny and relatively dry. June-October 29-32°C / 84-90°F; November-May 27-29°C / 81-84°F
- English is the official language of the Turks and Caicos Islands
- Electricity runs on 120/240 Volts/60 Cycles, compatible with North American appliances
- Turks and Caicos islands are in the Eastern Time zone with Daylight saving observed April - October.
- Turks & Caicos Islands official currency is the US Dollar
- Major credit cards are accepted as well as travelers checks. Banks offer ATM's and cash advances on credit cards. On Providenciales there are also ATM's at a IGA supermarket and in the Ports of Call shopping centre in Grace Bay. Banks typically close at 3pm.
- Gratuities (tips) are typically 15% for waiters and taxis drivers. Maids and porters should be tipped appropriately.
- Cars drive on the left-hand side of the road. A valid driver's license from a visitor's normal place of residence is suitable when renting vehicles.
- Turks and Caicos Entry Requirements : All visitors must hold a round trip ticket. Visitors are permitted 30 days, renewable one time only. Visas are necessary for visitors from non-commonwealth countries of the former Eastern Bloc. Please contact a British Consulate Office for visa applications. Check with your travel agent or airline for more details.
- Turks and Caicos Islands Airport Departure Tax is USD$60.00. It is typically included on the price of your airline ticket.
- Duty free goods allowed include: 50 cigars, 200 cigarettes, 1.136 liters of spirits or wine and perfume for personal use.
- No spear guns and/ or Hawaiian slings are allowed. Controlled drugs and pornography are illegal.
- Nude sunbathing is not permitted. Public nudity is illegal.
- Domestic Pets - "Domestic pets" with current vaccinations are allowed. Owners should bring a current health certificate from a certified veterinarian to be presented to a local health official on arrival. Please check with the airlines for other rules. Turks & Caicos Islands Health Dept 649-946-2152
- Medical Service: General practitioner and emergency care is available on Grand Turk and Providenciales. Other islands have community clinics. Health services available include: dental, chiropractic, physiotherapy, optometry, pharmacy, X-ray, ultrasound, home care, hospice, dietitian services, decompression chamber and air ambulance service.
- Telephones/Internet: Telecommunications include worldwide direct dialing, Internet, telex, and facsimile services. Area code is 649. Country code is the same as the US. Cell phones for rent at various locations. Public phones operate by phone cards. High speed Internet is available - check with your accommodation for connectivity. For more details see www.lime.tc
- Multichannel satellite television is received from the U.S. and Canada. Superbowl Sunday is available.
- Holidays and events throughout the Turks and Caicos Islands
Turks and Caicos Islands Location
View Adventurescape LTD in a larger map