Real Estate Trends in Turks and Caicos
Purchasers of properties in the Turks & Caicos buy for a variety of reasons. Some view Turks & Caicos real estate as a good hedge against a domestic market or economy that may slow down. Others note that property values are appreciating rapidly and are intrigued by the prospect of making an investment which yields a good return in a compressed time frame. With all buyers there is an appreciation of what the Turks & Caicos Islands have to offer and the intrinsic value of real estate in this increasingly high-end Caribbean getaway.
Buying land or a second-home purchasing in the Turks & Caicos is a low risk straightforward process when compared to many other Caribbean territories, for example:
- There are no legal limitations or restrictions on Americans buying land or homes and owning them outright;
- The Turks & Caicos is a stable British dependent territory and the courts of the islands appeal ultimately to the Privy Council in the UK.
- We use the US dollar and there are no exchange controls so purchasers don’t have to worry about the stability of the local currency and the affect that might have on their investment.
- A US person can take title in his or her own name or in a Turks & Caicos company – whichever is more convenient.
- All land in the Turks & Caicos is registered meaning that the sales process is relatively straightforward and quick – i.e. a search at the Land Registry confirms ownership details, acreage and the presence or absence of charges.
- If you plan to visit the Turks & Caicos for short vacations to stay in your property for periods of up to 30 days, typically no visa is required (but you have to produce a US passport to Immigration on arrival).
Commercial Space for Lease
- TCI ENEWSContactPhone : 649.941.4634Email : email@example.com
Promote your special event, advertise your business, find a rental in the Turks & Caicos Islands’ Weekly ezine newsletter. Mailed to over 8,000 local residents each Wednesday on the Web.Continue reading →
- The Courtyard PlazaContactPhone : 649-331-6251
Upgrade your business to the premiere commercial property in the Turks and Caicos. Lease to own opportunities available in this centrally situated high-end property.Continue reading →
- The SaltmillsContactPhone : 649-946-4238
Prestigious retail, office and storage space available at the established and desirable The Saltmills development.Continue reading →